Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last week at the mtc!

well its my last week here in the city.. i leave on tuesday on a 4 to
5 hour bus ride... it really cool im stoked to go and get on with real
mission stuff...
so this past week we got to go prosolying at the plaza... it was
really cool i really had a blast... so monday we got up got our
supplies and i get a latino comp for the trip and as a big group we
piled onto a city bus.... well lets just say it wasnt the safest way
to go to the city center but was cheap. we were staning in the isle
and holding on to what ever we could there were some missionaries who
could only have one foot on in the door we were that packed... really
funny but cool. the bus bottomed out on the way over going on a speed
bump. the driver was really crazy. we eeventually got to the plaza and
me and my comp. elder piƱon we out on out journey, first we talked to
two guys. one not belief the other catholic... really neat and got me
pumped. but one problem.... i couldnt understand a thing he was
telling me... it really sucked but as the president her taught if all
else fails bear your testimony in which i did... it was cool. finnally
i told the latino that we could give away our BOM. or LDM. he didnt
know... really stuggled for about a half hour then i felt the
impression to talk to this one guy... he was all coyboyed up and we
got to know him a little bit. didnt attend any church and was looking
a little bit. it was really cool. i explained the book of mormon to
him and he took it from me... i placed my first book!! i was so
excited to give it away but what was even better was that 20 minutes
later he was reading the book!!! ireally hope he takes it and the
missionaries contact him. i just pray he is receptive to the gospel.

any ways for mailing purposes  i suggest using the pouch! dear elder
is the best way to get to me and its free.. thanks to all the friends
who have been sending them to me they really help me out and i love
it. so tuesday is the day for departure. im nervous and hope my
spanish improves in the next month or so.. this missionary out here
who has been out for 3 weeks had a baptism so i hope my mission is
like that too.... they say about every other weekend you have one. the
average for a missionary is about 60 to 70 people... so ill have a
great 2 years i hope. if not i have learned alot and it has been worth
my time... . i really miss you all and love the gospel. hope your all
reading your scriptures!!! love elder crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment